Friday, August 6, 2010

Kimberly's fun day

So for about 2 weeks I had pain that never wanted to leave, and so I couldn't stand it anymore so I wanted it to leave :) So after seeing 4 different doctors in 2 days and all of them telling the exact same thing to have surgery, I scheduled it on July 31, 2010
Thursday night we got the call that asked us to be there by 8:15 and surgery about 10:00.
So we dropped the 3 kids off at my sister-in-laws home at 7:30 and took off to IMC.

By 9:30 the nurse came in to let us know that the doctor ran into an emergency at St. Marks and would be about an hour or two. No big deal what's a few hours. So we called my mom and Stephanie to let them know that it would be a little bit before I would be going in.

By Noon they came in to tell us that is would be another couple of hours, I still was ok and wanted to have the surgery that day. I didn't want to go another week, My boss was going to be out of town the following week, my mom had her port and chemo all that next week So it needed to be done. After talking about it Mike and I decided to wait. By 2:00 we were told the good news that the doctor was here, but there was one problem. I was his first patient, but the one after me wasn't looking so good, she is a breast cancer patient and was having a really hard time waiting. Mike and I agreed to let her go before me, her surgery was a 2 hour surgery so I wouldn't even start until 4 or so. WOW! but what was a few more hours.

At 4:03 they came in to get me to go get my gall bladder out . . . HAPPY DAY! ! ! !
By 6:30 I was in recovery and doing well, except Mike thought it was okay to take pictures
And at 8:30 pm (12 later) Mike got me home, Dallin was so excited to see me, but I kind of out of it still, but he was a good boy and just sat there with me.

4 comments:

  1. Oh! That's a long day! (Sorry, but I love the "before" and "after" pitures! You're smiling and then "out of it." haha!) Hope you're doing better!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You poor thing!!! That is terrible you had to wait so long. Good thing you're patient. :) I'm so sorry you had to go through all that. I had no idea!! Can I help you at all? Man, my dad really doesn't tell us anything!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the picture of you sleeping in the hospital! The picture of you and Dallin, so precious! Hope you lay low and recupe quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  4. There is nothing worst than waiting in a hospital! I had to have my gallbladder out in May, so I feel your pain!! Call me if you need anything!

    ReplyDelete