Friday, November 19, 2010

November 11th


On Thursday November 11th, my mother went into surgery to have a double mastectomy.
It was a bitter sweet thing. Praying that they would be able to get all the cancer, but also scared what my happen.
My mom is such an amazing women and kept us all going when we should have be the ones pushing her along.
We were to be at the IMC at 7:00 am, she was to go in at 11:00 for her surgery and would be about 3 hours long.


This is my mother before surgery. . .

My mom didn't go into surgery until 1:30 and we didn't get to see her until 6:30 that night.
I was a very long day. But by the time we were able to see her things just seem to feel right again.
This is A picture after surgery. . . she was trying to tell us something, and no she isn't. . . it just looks like it, and I don't have another picture :)
She is doing very well, thanks again for all the prays.

2 comments:

  1. I feel so bad I didn't even know...once again I'm sure my dad knew but didn't tell me! I will be thinking and praying for your family. Glad she's doing well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your mom is very amazing! If you didn't know, you would have never thought she was sick and had cancer! She was there for all of us... And yes, I think all of you were bugging her and she was doing what we think she was doing to tell us all to keep it down! (ha ha :D) That would be your mom!!!

    ReplyDelete